Wednesday, October 17, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday--Pinterest Inspiration!



Welcome back for another what I wore wednesday! Today, I'm linking up with Lindsey at The Pleated Poppy! Come join me!

I was so happy that many of you enjoyed last weeks pinterest inspired outfits, that I decided to do it again!
Now, some of you (mom!) may look at the pinterest outfit and look at mine and not see the correlation. 
The key thing to realize is that all the pinterest pictures are to me is inspiration! I know I may not have the exact shirt, or wear the same piece of clothing, but that is the point.
I pin outfits that I like, then find things similar in my closet, and make my own twist.
My main goal is looking at my closet and coming up with outfits that I had never thought to pair before. 
So, keep all this in mind and take a look at my weekly outfits!


Here is my inspiration:




                                                             Source: polyvore.com via Amber on Pinterest


I loved this outfit, and wanted to wear something similar, but I knew it was too hot to wear a coat and layers, but I still loved the color combos. I didn't have a patterned red scarf, so I decided to trade off with a patterned top. I think it worked!

Shirt- old navy (Goodwill)
jeans-loft outlet
shoes-macy's

scarf- clothes mentor (coldwater creek)
pin-hobby lobby (for $.70!!!)

earrings- goodwill


Next was this outfit:



                                                                  Source: farnorthgirl.polyvore.com via Amber on Pinterest

Once again, it is way too hot here in Texas for a coat and scarf, so I changed it up a bit. 

I added a black cardigan to replace the coat, and switched out the scarf for a statement necklace.
Shirt-goodwill
cardi- The Limited (goodwill)
jeans- Loft (goodwill)
boots- rampage via Belk


I am in love with this necklace! I want to wear it with everything!
necklace-Accessory Dash



And finally:

                                                                       Source: smaggle.com via Amber on Pinterest

I loved her edgy style, with small feminine twists. 



Here is my take:

In my opinion, I had the perfect dress to pull off this look. The pattern has tiny bows, and the top has ruffles. Just enough girly, I think.
Dress-macy's clearance
tights- brand new (target) from goodwill
boots-macy's clearance
earrings-Accessory Dash

So how do you think I did? Did I stray too far from the original photos? Or did I add just enough twist to make it work?
Leave me a comment telling me below!




Oh, and I couldn't end this post without sharing these extremely embarrassing photos with you. 

I believe it started with me trying to figure out what the dogs were doing, realizing what they were doing and yelling at them to stop, and telling my brother to look at the flips my dog was doing in the air. It was crazy, and very hilarious. 


So there ya have it!
Have a great week y'all!



1 comment:

  1. I love your color combinations!!! Super cute! I love dressed with tights and boots

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!