Wednesday, December 12, 2012

What I wore: Stripes and Dots & 99.9% Thrifted


Last saturday, I was frantically searching for the perfect outfit to wear my first Christmas party of the season. I needed something semi festive, but also not very warm
 It was 70* saturday, and today it's 20*....gotta love Texas!
Of course, you should already know that the first place I look is pinterest.



                                                                                      Source: Uploaded by user via Olsenboye on Pinterest

I saw this picture, and knew I already had all the pieces in my closet. 
Except, I wanted to add pops of red to make it more "christmas-y"

This is what I came up with:




and here is the best part...
it is 99.9% thrifted!
Striped tee (Jcrew) skirt, necklace and belt- goodwill
seriously, I love goodwill.
and the shoes were purchased at macy's for 70% off...
( I'd hardly consider that "retail")
but, Im honest, thus the 99.9%.

So, how did I do?
Have you tried print mixing yet?

pleated poppy





11 comments:

  1. SO cute! Now I want to pull off dots and stripes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was actually quite surprised how much I liked the combo!

      Delete
  2. So love the pop of red! polka dots & stripes = awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What?? That is seriously amazing, love it! I'm hosting a link-up today, you should stop by and link-up this outfit :)

    http://allthingsalisamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the combo, it looks great! Good choice on the pops of red too.
    Tiffany
    www.fabulessinheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, love that so much is thrifted! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Love my goodwill! Merry Christmas!

      Delete

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!