Monday, January 28, 2013

Easy Shoe Update!


Saturday morning, after going to a couple disappointing yard sales (we found nothing!), we decided to just head to our favorite goodwill.
I recently had to donate my favorite go-to flats because I had worn them to death, literally. Needless to say, I was on the market for replacement pair. 
I was looking for a simple, comfortable pair of flats to be able to throw on quickly when I needed them.
To my surprise, I found the perfect pair:
They were super comfortable and easy to throw on, and they are neutral to match just about everything. 
Just what I needed!

Only thing was, they were a bit plain for my taste. 
I like sparkle and color.

So I grabbed my jar of buttons and glue gun, and set out to re-vamp them.

The hardest part about this project was picking the buttons!




I wanted a pop of color, but couldn't find two matching ones.
So, then I went for sparkle.
I found these:

Originally, I tried to take off the button sewed on the shoe.
Bad idea.
So, I settled for glueing it on top of the original button.

First, I cut off the hook on the back of the new button.
Then, I put a dob of glue, and popped the new button on top of the original button.

Yay! Shiny and "new" (to me at least!)

They are quite blah in the color department, 
but I think the sparkles make up for that.













Plus, it was easy and took less than 5 minutes.
Only problem is that it's so addicting! I wanna go get every pair of shoes I own and bejewel them.
Scary. 
but true.
I think I'll stick with just these pair,


for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!