Friday, March 8, 2013

DIY Peter Pan Collar

It's here, folks! Long awaited, I know, but today is the day!
DIY Peter Pan Collars!
I've posted about them just a  few times.
I lurrrrvvv them.
And I really really want this one.

Here's what you'll need:

~A sharpie
~Ribbon
~Glue Gun
~Felt of your choice
I found this sparkly one at hobby lobby
~scissors
~measuring tape
~Collar stencil:
I used this one.
Click on the link to download


Step One:
Cut out stencil ;)


Next, Fold felt in half:

Make sure to press firmly to create a crease:



Then, Fold inside out, and place stencil on fold.

This particular stencil has an arrow where it should go.

After, trace around the stencil with marker.
You can pin it in place to make your life easier, or you can do it the hard way like me :)


Then, cut it out:

you should end up with something like this:
Then, grab your ribbon and the measuring tape:


I cut my ribbon at 25 inches, because I wanted to be able to wear it at different lengths.
Cut two strands of ribbon:


Next, add glue about a one inch long and place one end of the ribbon over:

Note that the two different strands shouldn't be connected.
One should be on each side so you can tie them together
and there you have it!
So simple right!

I made a black sparkly one and a white sparkly one,
but the possibilities are endless!


and if your wondering, 
I'd pair this collar with a crew cut top.
It was hard to find the right shirt that made the collar seem 'attached' to it.
here is what I used to figure it out:


Enjoy!
If you make one, send me a pic! I'd love to see your take!

5 comments:

  1. This is so simple and just awesome! I think I need to get busy and make one...it has so much possibility to take a simple shirt or dress up a notch. Also, thanks for having me on your blog love list, so sweet, I'm really humbled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I have been an avid reader of your blog, and you constantly inspire my outfits!

      Delete
  2. wow, this is cool! i'm gonna try this out :)thanks for putting this!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!