Friday, March 1, 2013

February Update and March Goals and Bucket List!


Read  January's Goals 

Well, February is over, and March has begun.
Crazy, I know.
So here is an update on how I did this month!

February's Goals:


1. exercise and continue to walk my dog everyday
I did okay at this. Not perfect and not everyday, but it's a marathon and not a sprint, right?

2.read this book
read it, and loved it!
I really recommend it. 
{But beware, there is drug use and other things that might offend some people. So, if those kind of things bug you, then steer clear.}
Oh, and yes, I have seen the film! I thought it was fantastic and portrayed the book wonderfully. It's probably one of the best film adaptations of a book I've seen.
It definitely stayed true to the book, which I like!

3. Organize, organize, organize
Check, check, check.
Man. The spring cleaning bug really bit me hard this month.
I was organizing everything!
Here are just a few things I've organized this month:

I cleaned up underneath my bathroom sink using the black containers I found during this goodwill trip

I organized our family's movie collection.
{This was quite a task!}

 I even organized my t-shirt drawer using this method.
It saves so much room!!!


and of course you've already seen my Ikea cart storage 
So, as you can see, I was a bit OCD when it came to "organization" this month



4. Put finishing touches on my room and do a room tour!
This is still a work in progress. I feel like just when I think I finish one aspect, I find another item I need to work on.
But it will get done, and of course I will share with you!
I'm super duper excited with how it's all coming together, though!
Here is a sneak peek:
GAHH! I am so so excited to share it with you!

5. Do more Random Acts of Kindness.
~I surprised someone with their favorite starbucks drink
~I surprised a few peeps with a handmade dessert
~I bought my little Bro something small to let him know I'm thinking of him
and there were more, but I can't remember
{If you want to read more about RAK's read this blog, she did one everyday for a whole month!}


2013 Bucket List:

-Cut out processed foods-this has been hard, but worth it! I have been trying to only by foods with ingredients with 5 or less and ones I can pronounce :)
-buy local produce/go to local farmer's market more
-volunteer somewhere
-have my first giveaway on my blog-COMING SOON!
-figure out my college plan
-save my money up for something big (don't have a clue what that will be...yet   I have a few ideas of what I want to save for, now just to narrow it down)

-bake a blackberry cobbler from scratch

-eat better and be active-working on this! I've been eating my "green" smoothies, and obviously walking everyday has helped!

-make new friends-yay! I've met a couple new people this semester in school that I really like!

-work on my scrapbook- it took me a while to figure out where I put it, but I found it and even finished it! I am now working on my next one!

-go on a road trip
-write a letter to myself to open in 10 years
-go camping
-read at least 8 books-1 down, 7 to go :)
-teach myself how to sew


March's Goals

1. R.E.S.P.E.C.T.
Give it where it's needed or deserved.

2. Switch my closet over from winter to spring!
{Bring on the capris and sun dresses!}

3. Write the people I don't get to see or hear from everyday, and tell them that I love them.

4. read this book.


And that's all!
I'll check back in with you at the end of the month!
Happy March!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!