Monday, April 22, 2013

April MyGlam Bag

I decided to keep my subscription to Ipsy but chose to only sign up per month. That way I am not committed to keep it if I find that I don't want it. So far though, I think I am going to continue loving it!
It's like christmas morning every month when I get the bag in the mail. 
here's what I received this month:
 The bag itself was adorable and even had the cutest stripe on the inside.
Only thing I have to say is that I wish instead of sending a new bag each month (they really add up, I have 5 now!) they used that money towards adding another product. There are only so many travel bags a girl needs!

I guess the theme this month was "pink"
Here is what actually came inside the bag:
 I was really excited about all the products. It looked like a great selection!

First was the only hair product this month:


What they say: Get ‘POW’ volume in an instant with Sexy Hair's Powder Play! Powder Play adds instant volume to any type of hair style or texture. Weightless, odorless, and colorless! Instantly liquifies when applied and adds volume and texture in seconds. Just sprinkle on dry hair at the root for lift and volume. Apply throughout the hair for extreme volume and texture. 
What I say: I am really happy I got this. I had been wanting to purchase a similar product, but never got around to it. I haven't tried it yet, but I am planning on watching a few tutorials on how to use it. I'll let you know if it's some sort of miracle product. 

Next:





What they say: Sation Nail Lacquer is a contemporary beauty company, infusing a creative direction in nail care through a blend of lifestyle aesthetics. The collection features 120 colors from its seasonal & limited collections. 
What I say: I'm not overly fond of the color, it's kinda a mauve-y pink and just sorta blah. It will be great for times when I need a more 'professional' color. {ha, like that will ever happen :) }















 What they say:A highly pigmented pressed powder blush that highlights the complexion and provides long lasting color. Can be used both as a blush or a bronzer.

 What I say: I LOVE this blush! At first it appears really bright, but on my cheeks sheered out a bit, it's perfect! I love love love the shade. It's the perfect pink, but the shimmer also acts as a highlight! 
did I say I love this? 
Oh, and the pigmentation is great on these. It can be worn very bright on the cheeks, and can be blended out very easily for a lighter look.

 and finally:



What they say: MicaBeauty Mineral Eyeshadows are extremely gentle, free of preservatives, chemicals, dyes, talc, oils, and other fillers. With this unique formula, the eyeshadows will look ultra smooth and stay put for hours without creasing or pulling the delicate eye area. Can be mixed with clear lip-gloss, clear mascara, and clear nail polish to add pigment to lips, eyelashes and nails! 
What I say: I have to admit, I've never tried any mineral products before. I like this shaddow. The color is great, but I just wish it was pressed instead of loose. I don't like the fact that it can spill everywhere anytime you use it. After reading above, I like it more because I am trying to buy more 'green' products. I also like that it's so versatile: lip gloss, nail polish, mascara? I'm game. 

and that's all! Only four products this time (there are usually 5), but I feel like this was one of the best bags yet. I love all the products (i'd just prefer a different color polish) and I will honestly use each product!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!