Friday, August 2, 2013

Am I crazy!?!

for reading a book on parenting?
Ok, have you read the book, Bringing Up Bebe?
Here is Bringing Up Bebe's synopsis from Amazon:
"The secret behind France's astonishingly well-behaved children.
When American journalist Pamela Druckerman has a baby in Paris, she doesn't aspire to become a "French parent." French parenting isn't a known thing, like French fashion or French cheese. Even French parents themselves insist they aren't doing anything special.
Yet, the French children Druckerman knows sleep through the night at two or three months old while those of her American friends take a year or more. French kids eat well-rounded meals that are more likely to include braised leeks than chicken nuggets. And while her American friends spend their visits resolving spats between their kids, her French friends sip coffee while the kids play..."



Ever since this book came out, it's intrigued me. 
But why? I am a 19 year old college student and I don't plan on having children for another 10 years, at least. 
Let me explain. There are several reasons why I want to read it:

1. French culture has always been interesting to me. The culture aspect of my high school french class was my favorite, and I even competed in the culture category of our state-wide French competition and got second place! So any information I can learn about France's culture is fine by me.

2. I am going to be a Elementary Teacher one day, and even now I teach preschool. I'm sure this book will help me both in my future class, and my current job. Needless to say, I'm around children all the time and I will have to run a classroom on my own one day. I'm sure this book will have plenty of tips and facts that I can use in the classroom. 


 I am a girl, so naturally I think about my future and that I might have kids of my own one day. 
{But not for a long long time.}
 I'm not reading this book for that reason though. I'm reading it because it seems interesting. period.

Does that make me crazy?

1 comment:

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!