Thursday, August 22, 2013

August's Ipsy Bag

Whew, so after the drama with July's Ipsy bag, I was so relieved to get this month's on time.
I feel like I always say that this was the best one yet, but it really is!
I am so impressed with this bag :)




What they say: The Alight Multi-Mineral BB Cream hydrates, primes, illuminates, and perfects leaving a sheer bare skin finish. Specialized mineral pigments instantly adjusts to your skin shade allows one color to work for many and can be built up for just the right amount of coverage. Your skin will look natural, dewy, youthful and radiant without looking like you are wearing heavy make-up. 
What I say:
Unfortunately for me, the 'shade matching technology' didn't work and this ended up being way to dark for my skin (even with a tan!), so I gave it to my mom. 
I did try it on my arm and was amazed at how smooth it was. I was really bummed I couldn't use it because it'd be perfect for my days on campus.


What they say:The Jojoba Charcoal Gentle Exfoliating Facial Scrub is formulated using the powers of Jojoba Wax Beads and Activated Charcoal. This mask effectively removes dead skin, impurities and toxins, but is gentle enough for sensitive and acne prone skin types. Jojoba Wax Beads provide gentle exfoliation without leaving microlacerations on delicate skin. Highly absorbent Activated Charcoal penetrates deeply into pores to draw out impurities and toxins. Also refines texture and encourages skin renewal, leaving skin smooth and refreshed. 
What I say: I was most excited to see this product in my bag. Michael Todd has become so popular, so I was really excited to be able to sample some. I love charcoal products for my skin because it really helps get rid of my black heads. I haven't tried this yet, but I plan on using it tonight!


What they say: This unique mascara truly boosts your lashes, giving them a "push-up" effect that lasts all day. The dense, rich formula coats lashes with maximum pigment, for long-lasting full color and the cone-shaped brush coats each lash evenly. Long lasting, smudge-free and waterproof. 
What I say: To be honest, I haven't tried this yet because I literally have several other mascaras I need to use up before they go bad. I like the brush on this, though, and it appears to be a more dry formula, which I like. We will see :)


What they say: MicaBeauty Mineral Eyeshadows are extremely gentle, free of preservatives, chemicals, dyes, talc, oils, and other fillers. With this unique formula, the eyeshadows will look ultra smooth and stay put for hours without creasing or pulling the delicate eye area. Can be mixed with clear lip-gloss, clear mascara, and clear nail polish to add pigment to lips, eyelashes and nails! 
What I say: I'm not a fan of 'loose' products because they are so messy! I really wish this was a pressed eyeshadow because it really is gorgeous. It's almost a metallic bronze color that would look great swiped all over the lid. 


What they say:Urban Decay's Pigment Infusion System™ delivers insane color payoff with creamy shine, Maxi-Lip™ plumps and nourishing oils leave lips cushiony soft. Get the color you crave. Addictive to apply (and even more addictive to wear), this creamy formula glides on without dragging or skipping, hugs every curve and gives you a BIG laydown of color. There's a wide range of colors - from gorgeous nudes to bold brights, there’s something for everyone. Our luxe, custom-designed gunmetal tube (lined in dark purple) features organically shaped facets that practically beg to be touched. You’ll want to keep pulling it out of your bag—whether it’s time to reapply or not. 
What I say: OK, so I may have lied earlier because I was super excited when I saw this! I am a big Urban Decay fan, and this lipstick certainly did not disappoint. They don't lie when they say the pigmentation is insane, it really is! The color is pretty and bright, and it feels so good on the lips (like chapstick!) I'm adding these onto my birthday list!

Here are the swatches of the products:

Ipsy, you did it again! It was an awesome bag and I really think I will get good use out of all the products (except the BB cream, but my mom will!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!