Tuesday, August 20, 2013

July's Ipsy Bag


So, as I'm sure you're aware, it's August. 
I never got to post July's Ipsy bag because I just now received it in the mail. {Long story, but it was lost in the mail}

As always, you can sign up for Ipsy here.

Even though it's a couple weeks late, here was July's Glam Bag:
 Overall, it was a really exciting bag! I saw lots of high-end products and a good mix of different products. I didn't like the bag this month, but like always, I could do without the bag anyways and replace that with more products. 

What they say:This BH Cosmetics makeup palette includes a shade from each of the California Collection palettes: Hollywood, San Francisco, and Malibu. 
What I say:
Initially, I was kind of turned off. I didn't like the shades because I'm more of a natural shadow kind of girl. The pigmentation is not good (see swatches below). I wouldn't recommend these at all. 


What they say: Benefit's original rose-tinted stain is kiss-proof, see-through color for lips & cheeks that lasts for hours. Naturally sheer & sexy on all complexions...it’s innocent yet provocative. It's loved by celebs, makeup artists and gals around the world. It's the sexiest flush you can get from a bottle! 
What I say:
I have several other samples of Benefits liquid stains, and I rarely ever use them just because I'm not a liquid makeup person (if that even makes sense). I just prefer to be able to quickly apply makeup and I think liquid products take more time than a powder product. 
That being said, I like the color of this one the best, and although it doesn't really show up on my cheeks, it works great as a lip stain. I'm glad to now have this color in my collection!


What they say: Keep the sun and environment at bay with this SPF 20 broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen; a clear, Titanium Dioxide based formula (for those who are Zinc sensitive) made with 98% natural ingredients. Organic Acai Oil - high in Omegas-3/6/9, Vitamins B1/2/3, plus antioxidant Vitamins C and E - delivers a powerful defense against aging. Organic Sunflower Seed Extract promotes elasticity while organic Linseed Oil, containing Alpha-Linolenic Acids, reduces redness and irritation. The phyto-protector Plankton Extract rejuvenates, as organic Cucumber Extract calms skin.

This sunscreen is hypoallergenic, paraben-free, ultra sheer, anti-aging, and water resistant for 40 minutes. 
What I say: I so wish I had gotten this sooner because I so could've used it at the beach!

I loooooove that this doesn't have that distinct 'sunscreen' smell, so I feel like I can wear this every day.
I might just have to purchase the full size!


(Say that 5x fast)
What they say:
Creates beachy undone texture that looks and feels like you’ve spent a day at the beach. Contains argan oil which helps nourish, protect and heal hair damage. 
What I say: I've yet to actually try this, so I can't really review that aspect, but the smell is amazing. 
I've tried the Not Your Mothers beach spray and hated it and I've tried the Lush Spray and loved it. So it should be interesting to see how this one performs!


What they say:POP's Pouty Pop Crayon nourishes, treats, and adds that perfectly-plumped pop to lips. These extra-nourishing balms gently bounce onto lips creating a plumped & pillowy pout leaving them with luscious, long-lasting colour with a super-smooth texture. Available in six shades.
What I say: I love the concept of lipstick crayons. In fact, everyone I try, I love! 
This one is no exception. The color is good (I wish I got the coral shade!) and pretty pigmented. I love the smell of this the most, it's minty! This is the perfect product to throw in your purse!

and the last thing I received was a bonus... How cool right!
I got this Selena Gomez Nicole by OPI nail polish because a few of my AWESOME readers subscribed to ipsy because of my posts! Thank you, thank you, thank you guys!

Below are the swatches of the products:
(The shadows were swatched several times to reach this color.)

Overall, I really liked this bag! It might've been late, but it was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!