Thursday, October 10, 2013

Halloween Decor 2013, 31 Days of LOVE

It should come as no shock to you by now that my family loves holidays.
In fact, by our friends we are dubbed "The Griswalds" (for many other reasons as well)
Halloween is no exception.
{You can see lasts years decor herehere, and here}

So this year, we decided to predominately decorate for halloween on our porch. 
I obviously couldn't be bothered to sweep or dust for these pictures, I'm no perfectionist!
We went for over-the-top cluttered, not too scary and a bit whimscial. 
In other words, we just used what we had and threw it on our bakers rack and called it a day.
It was fun, nonetheless. 
And I think it turned out pretty darn cute, if I don't say so myself.
Here's an overview of our patio/porch:
Can you spy The Duchess, above?

We handmade our wreath using things deco-mesh from Hobby Lobby and the decorations were from the Dollar Tree. 
Someday I'll post a tutorial on how to make them, I promise.


On our baker's rack:












Most of our decorations were reused from last year and most came from Goodwill (some DIY'd by me and spray painted black, air vent painted pumpkins), the Dollar Tree (Gravestones, skulls, rats), clearance from last year (sparkly owl and shoe) and yard sales (hanging owls, witch).
The big ceramic pumpkins are handmade and came from Kroger.
The mum was from Costco, and is huge for only $14.
Small ones at Kroger were the same price!

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the tour!

"It's all just a bunch of Hocus Pocus!"



2 comments:

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!