Thursday, November 14, 2013

17

So, 17 was big. Huge actually. 
It is arguably the biggest year of my life. 
Which also means that this is a picture heavy and looooong post. You've been warned.




17.
2011. 
SENIOR!

17 on the 17th. Which means that this was my golden year!
and it certainly was.


I gave blood on my birthday! Double actually, (I have O blood, which is universal, so it's always in high demand)
It was awesome. 
I kept thinking,
"I've been blessed with another year of life, so I am going to celebrate by saving 6 lives."
It was awesome.
Did I say that already?

I also subsequently passed out on my birthday... I stood up too fast after donating. 
not so awesome. 

My sweet twin cousins came to Texas to visit from Florida for thanksgiving. 
We had so much fun. 
We splurged and had thanksgiving brunch at the Gaylord Texan. They had 4 chocolate fountains, y'all. 4!!!



We also got to visit "ICE!" at the Gaylord. 

For Christmas, We headed up to North Georgia to my grandparents house! 
They had just finished building their retirement house and we all (aunts and uncles) traveled to celebrate by spending our first christmas at their place. 

It was our Florida cousins first white Christmas... our second!


After Christmas, my best friend came up from South Carolina to visit!
We went to all the museums in the area and we even went skiing.
 I'm not very good...


Back home, and the start of the new year, I was taking a class that changed my life.
I signed up for adaptive PE thinking it would be a great way to get my phys ed credit. 
Little did I know, that when I walked out of the class at the end of the school year, I had a new perspective on what I wanted to do with my life. 
{If you don't know what adaptive PE is, it's basically a program schools offer where students can help the special needs students with PE. We played sports with them, helped them stretch, etc. }
I have tons of pictures with my buddies, but I can't share them on here for privacy reasons. 
That class showed me the direction I was supposed to go in. 


In March, my mom, youngest brother and I took a vacation to Barbados for spring break!
We had never been there before, so we were a little nervous as to what it was like, but I can tell you that it is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been!




Back to reality, my senior year was coming to an end. 

In may, I went to prom for the first time.


and my mom took me to get my senior photos done!



 I took my only AP exam, French.  (and failed, but I'm just happy I took it!)

I got inducted into the National French Honor Society, and got to wear special chords at graduation.

I said goodbye to my friends.
(neither of which were graduating with me)

I GRADUATED! 

My family all came in to visit for the special occasion.

(my papa threw me those roses as I was walking out!)

I had the most awesome Graduation party, which for some reason I can't find any photos of! Darn, but take my word. It was wonderful.


Oh, and I had a twin. Meet Amanda.




Not long after (as in 5 days), I set sail for the biggest trip of my life. My mom had given me the best graduation present I could've ever asked for. I journeyed through France and England with our school's French club. My older brother even got to tag along!








 In July, our family took our annual family vacation to Panama City Beach, Florida! Of course, my BFF tagged along too.
(2011 was a year of vacation for me, it seems. It was amazing.)


While we were there, we went parasailing and even got to slurp on virgin pina colodas at Margaritaville!

 In the fall, I enrolled in our local community college!
I was so nervous to start, but I loved all of my classes. Soon, I got used to college and all the freedom!

I got to hear Bethany Hamilton (no relation) speak and share her story!

I also got to attend the Taylor Swift concert...again! This was the 3rd time, by the way, and by far the best seats (better than the ones I won) ! We were on the floor and I got right up by the stage. 


 That was 17.
Wild, Crazy, Busy
Life changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!