Tuesday, November 5, 2013

October Beauty Favorites

Here's my favorite beauty products for the month of October!


For the past two months, I've been trying to find a good, holy grail foundation. My skin is so finicky. I'm pale and it oxidizes easily. I also have very pink skin. I swear I've tried them all. I've found that drugstore foundations just don't agree with my skin. I tried Nars, Estee Lauder, Clinique. I swear I've tried everything. I picked this one up and haven't looked back ever since. It does't oxidize on me at all and matches my fair skin perfectly. It's has light/medium coverage, which is perfect for school. I also love that it doesn't have a fragrance or bad 'makeup' smell. I highly recommend it!

It seems like I've also been on a hunt for a good eyeliner! I love the Urban Decay Eyeliners but refuse to spend $20 on them. I picked up these one day at CVS for less than $3 (they always go on sale!) 
I picked up the 'blue eyes' set, but you don't have to stick to what eye color you have. Just get what colors you like best! I love these. They last all day and are so smooth on your waterlines.
Definitely pick these up!

I should say that I've never been a MAC girl. In fact, until this summer, I hadn't owned anything by them *gasp* 
While I went to this swanky mall in Tampa, I popped in to see what the fuss was all about. 
I picked up this pigment thinking it would be a good multi-use product and would give me more bang for my buck. I use this as a shadow all over my lid and it is absolutely beautiful. I also use this as a cheek highlight, which is equally as gorgeous. It also works great for an inner eye highlight and a brow highlight. I love it and definitely feel like I will get great use out of it and it's so large, it will last me forever!

I have to admit that this was my second time purchasing this. The first time, I squirted a bit on my finger and it was nothing but oil, so I returned it. The second time, after hearing many rave reviews, I decided to give it another try. It did the exact same thing the first use, but after about 3 uses, it was just product, no oil. This is definitely thinner than the Urban Decay Primer Potion, but works just as good. I'm almost out of the Primer Potion, and won't be repurchasing it because this drugstore option is just as good. I can't tell you how it does on oily eyelids because I don't have that issue, but for sure makes your eyeshadows more pigmented and lasts all day. 

My mom gave this to me because I was looking for a good primer under a foundation. (She got it on Hautelook by the way for over half off the orig. price. Definitely check them out if you like The Balm products but don't like paying full price!)
I use this mostly around my nose and the center of my face where product tends to wear off more quickly. It helps my foundation stay forever and it also makes it go on so smoothly. 
Wait for it to go on Hautelook and get yourself one!


What beauty products have you been loving recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!