Monday, December 9, 2013

Frozen...

Let me give you the epitome of Texas weather.
Wednesday was bright and sunny and a high of 80* 

and come Thursday... I get this message on my phone:

I kinda rolled my eyes at it because all of this who-ha over the weather always seems to be a bit of an overreaction. Especially when I got in my car after class and saw that this was on my windshield:
HOLD THE PHONE! We MUST cancel school...there's a hint of sleet on our windshields. 
So I just kinda laughed it off, citing another Dallas exaggeration. 

So, imagine my surprise that on Friday morning, I woke up to this:

 

and while that looks like a blanket of fresh fallen snow, it most certainly is not. 

That my friends, is pure ice. 

Need further proof?
This is a family friend skating... in her front yard!!!!

Yeah. 
Let me remind you that just the day before it was 80 degrees. 80!!!

Oh and in case you didn't know, us Dallas people don't know how to handle this kind of weather so our whole city shuts down. Literally. 


Except my mom, who still drives to work in these conditions. 
(She claims our 14 months in Canada taught her well)

So, for the past 5 days, we've been going a bit stir crazy. So much so, we've dressed our dog up like Cousin Eddie.
We've baked our Christmas cookies, wrapped presents and watched every Christmas movie we own, and to be honest, I love it! I love this weather and would take this over 110* summers any day.  

They've already canceled school for tomorrow (bummer, the two days they cancel are the two days I don't have class! Go figure.)
Let's pray this continues till Tuesday (they're expecting it to) so my cumulative algebra final gets pushed back.
Fingers crossed!!

1 comment:

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!