Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Saving Mr. Banks

Our family loves movies, but we rarely go to a theater to see them. In our town, it's almost $10 a ticket, times that by 5, plus popcorn.....you see where I am going with this. 

So, we either go to the matinee (it's only $5), wait for it to come out on red box, or if we know we will like it, we will buy it on DVD. 

All of this to say, that this past sunday afternoon, I found myself at the movies which is not the norm. My old friend from Germany was coming back to town and she wanted to catch some American films before she left.


 She picked the movie "Saving Mr. Banks." To be honest, I just hadn't heard much about it and went into it not knowing what to expect. I have to say I was neither excited nor upset with that choice. It just didn't seem like it would be all that spectacular.  

Boy, was I wrong. 


If you haven't seen this movie yet, I so encourage you to do so. It had me laughing and in tears in both the best ways. 

My family is rather fond of all things Disney, so once I said my (tearful) goodbyes to my friend, I rushed home to check the next movie time. Luckily, we had 15 minutes to spare!

I made my mom and brother hop in the car as fast as they could and didn't tell them where we were going.  They both had sour attitudes about it but I knew once they saw it, they'd be changed too. 

And I was right! They both loved it! Even my 17 year old brother thought it was funny and really good. 

If you haven't seen it yet, I highly encourage you to do so. Both you AND your family will love it.

{Oh, my German friend liked it, but with all the different accents she had a hard time understanding it. Luckily I got to explain my take on it to her! }

"You can worry about the future, but you can't do that. Only today."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!