Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Hey, you know those things you've always wanted to do? You should go do them.


I always thought a lifetime dream of mine was way too unattainable. It would never be the right time. I would never have enough money, I won't ever have the time... blah blah blah. But you know what I realized? It will never be the right time. I will never have enough money and I will always find a reason why I couldn't live my dream. So you know what? I decided to change that.
---------------
My entire life, I've been in love with traveling. My mom always instilled in us that the value of memories always outweigh the value of material possessions. I could brag to you and tell you all the neat places I've been to in my short 20 years and I am very blessed to say that. But there's always been a voice in the back of my head nagging me that I want more. I want to see the world. I want to see MORE of the world.
---------------
My best friend and I had always talked about going backpacking through Europe together. It was always something we discussed in future tense, never really saying when we would do it. I don't lie when I say that it was a clear sign from the heavens when I was scrolling through Facebook and an ad  from the same company that sent my school group to France & London in 2011. Turns out, they  also send college students around the world... Do you see where I am going with this?

All those times when I would close my eyes and dream of walking the River Seine again, or the times where I dream of riding a gondola through Venice, or baking in the sun on the French Rivera. All those dreams could be REALITY.

I could do it. I could live my dream. So you know what? I decided to make it happen.

After a bit of research, I found that it would actually be possible to us to go and we wouldn't be 'backpacking'. We'd be traveling the world in 4 star hotels.  Of course it would require a strict savings plan (which we already have in place) and wouldn't be possible to go till a year and a half from now (in order to save up enough to go.) But it was possible and I decided that it will happen.

So you've heard it here first. My best friend and I will be going for 35 days to over 7 countries traveling the world. When else in my life will I be able to drop everything for 35 days to travel to Italy, France, Greece, Ireland, Spain and many more with my best friend? The answer is never. Soon, I will have a 'real' job or even a husband and a family and I will never be given an opportunity like this again. (Not too soon, don't worry).

I won't let this slip through my hands and I couldn't be more excited about it.

I've turned my dream into a plan.

2 comments:

  1. Just out of curiosity: Why do you opt for the 4-star route?
    Is that something like a guided travel bus tour thing you have in mind? Something like Contiki?

    If I were you, I think I'd opt for the "backpacking" route. Should cost you way less money and maybe you'd be able to discover some more places / sights / spots off the beaten track.
    I think part of travelling is also exploring... you know not just being spit out of a bus in front of sights, But maybe we have different unterstandings of travelling.

    Nonetheless, kudos to your decision to make that dream a plan.
    All the best for saving up and planning your trip.
    I am sure you'll have the time of your life.

    I am happy to share more ideas of travelling Europe with you if you want.
    Cheers Chrissi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you! For me and my friend, the decision to use a company was to not only give our parents reassurance that we will be safe, but also to make sure that we really get a better bang for our buck. I'd love to hear any advice you have!

      Thanks so much
      AC

      Delete

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!