Wednesday, March 5, 2014

What's in my Travel Makeup Bag?

This month I am planning on doing a lot of traveling, so I figured I'd share with you what I plan on bringing with me! 
As I travel more, I've started to realize that I don't need to bring everything that will fit. I've added so much stress onto myself by overpacking and I've learned to just to bring what I only truly need. This goes for makeup too. As you all know, I am a bit of a makeup junkie and it's really tempting to bring all of my lovely products, but I am not going to do that to myself. So I've vowed to bring products that either are compact, can be doubled up (meaning more than one use), or are small travel sized. 
 Here's what I plan on bringing on my spring break trip:

*Note* What may seem like minimal products for me, may seem like a lot to others. Again, keep in mind I am a bit of a makeup junkie.
I get a ton of travel sized products in my ipsy bags each month, so I made sure to pack them to save space and to get good use out of them. The two mascara samples I brought are this Tarte one and this one (from an ipsy bag). Now, I know I don't need to bring two mascaras, but one is almost out, so I needed to make sure I had a back up. 
 I packed as my highlight, my sample of Benefit High Beam, which I will also use as a cream eyeshadow. Eyeliner is my go to Urban Decay 24/7 pencil which has both brown and black. (Both of which are almost out!) I packed a sample of the Urban Decay Primer Potion that should last me a long time. I also brought a new favorite, the NYX Jumbo eye pencil (shade milk) which I will be talking about on the blog soon. The primer I packed was this sample of the Too Faced Primed and Poreless which I've never tried...so we will see. Of course I had to bring my holy grail foundation (also because I didn't have any foundation samples) the Urban Decay Naked Skin (Shade 0.5)

 I packed my Nars The Happening Palette (No longer available, I got w/ my mom's discount). I love this because it's so travel friendly! It has both blush and bronzer AND 4 eyeshadows... it also is really compact! 
Again, I know it's not totally necessary to have two blushes, but blushes are my thing and I just wanted options. (Again, I'm a woman and want my options!) The Tarte Amazonian Clay blush shade is Fearless, but it's been discontinued... too bad, it's a favorite! And last is the Bobbi Brown eye shadow palette that is so compact and small... again perfect for travel! (Shade is Champagne Quartz eye quad) I got this as a freebie, and love it. It gives a great neutral eye look.

and I'm not going to go into too much detail here, but these are the brushes I'm bringing with me:
Of course my favorite foundation brush (Real Techniques Expert Face brush) and a few ecotools kabukis for the face thrown in there. For eyes, I packed a mix of ecotools and a random cover girl brush. 

Oh! For makeup bags, I get a ton with my ipsy subscription, but I have always loved Forever 21's selection of cute, affordable bags. (That's where my polka dot one above is from.)

Hopefully you found this post helpful if you plan on traveling anytime soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!