Monday, May 5, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up: Garage Sales and CANTON!

I haven't done one of these in a long time and I had such a fantastic weekend, so I figured I'd share it with you!

Friday:



Friday night, my brother, his wife, my other brother and my mom (whew that was a mouthful) all decided to go have some drinks and appetizers on the patio of one of our favorite restaurants. They weather was gorgeous, the music was awesome and the company was even better! We had a blast.

Saturday:

All our saturday mornings are consumed by the same thing each week: yard sales! We get up around 7:30 and go saleing till around 11. We didn't come back with much, but most of the fun comes from just driving around anyway!
...which is where we found this guy!
We were back in the country and stumbled across this cow. He's pretty photogenic, no?

Afterwards, we went and had brunch on you guessed it...another patio!

My mom and I split this amazing fruit salad. It was so good!

Because the restaurant we were at was right next to Barnes and Noble, of course we just had to go in. Duh. 
I took pictures of about 50 books I want to read. Why pictures you ask? So I can order them on Amazon/check them out of the library...I'm cheap like that. 
My mom stumbled upon this book. SO funny!

Then we finished the day napping and reading and going grocery shopping at Trader Joe's: my new favorite store! I could barely sleep that night because I was so excited about what was coming Sunday...


Sunday:


We woke up extra early and headed out to CANTON! If you don't know what Canton is, it's a flea market out in East Texas (about 90 minutes outside of Dallas) that happens each month on the first weekend. It's amazing. There's antiques, garage sales, booths with clothes/accessories and a bunch more interesting things!




While I didn't end up buying anything (shocking, I know!) it still is so much fun just to walk around. My mom did find a few fun things...check out her post to see what she found! 
(I stole her pictures by the way) ;)

You can read about a previous trip to Canton, here!


 This past weekend was filled with so much fun and I am so glad to be able to spend time with my family.  BUT! This friday I have something really really exciting going on...you'll just have to wait and see!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!